Friday, August 17, 2012

Homeskillet is killing it in Sunnyland



I love this grub! Everything I have had at Homeskillet has been awesome and I always feel welcomed. Plus they serve BEER! This particular day I ordered the Hot Green Mess. This crazy concoction must have originated in some herb-induced late-night munchies binge. It starts with the home-made mac n' cheese. The melty goodness is then topped with their spicy pork green chile. A wonderful mixture of roasted pork, chiles, peppers and onions. Then its all topped again with more cheese! 


They put a pile of perfectly fried tater tots on the side which you think would be over-kill by now but NO! It is a stroke of culinary genius as you mix a bite of the gooey-soft cheesy noodles with the spicy-savory chile and the salty pop of the tots. Fantastic! Bring a friend to share because the portion is LARGE! So will be your belly if you did as I did by polishing off each bite with a swig of vitamin R, which I do encourage, but you have been warned! I will be back to Homeskillet again and again and so will you. But please, for the sake of Kirby, Tina and the crew, come on a weekday. The weekends just get too jammed up.

1 comment: